Admissions under Right To Education Act
As per the RTE Act, 25% seats are reserved at entry level to Class I.
As specified in the RTE Act and the Amendment to the act, the following are the criterias for admission under RTE:
- Children belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, or any other disadvantaged group which is specified by State Government notification.
- This definition of ‘disadvantaged group’ has been extended by the 2012 Amendment to include disabled children, including children with severe disabilities.
- Children belonging to ‘weaker section’ are those whose parents or guardians annual income is below the poverty line, as specified by the State Government.
- These children should be residing within 3 kms.
Following documents are required to be submitted for admission under RTE:
- Original Birth certificate for verification along with a photocopy.
- Caste certificate issued by concerned Sub Divisional Officer (Revenue) or·Deputy Collector, in the name of child or his parent.
- For disabled children (CWSN) disability certificate issued by Civil Surgeon/Superintendent of Government notified hospital having disability more than 40 per cent.
- Proof of residence. A child is eligible if, the address proof is within 3 km. Any· one of the following can be submitted in order of priority —
- UID Aadhar Card,
- Election Photo Identity Card,
- Electricity / Water bill,
- Telephone bill,
- House tax receipt,
- Driving license issued by the competent authority in the name of the parents/guardians.